Senior Planning Center
We are looking for an office – sales person. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of sales. This is a very small office focused on Insurance sales, and as such the candidate will need to be comfortable working alone and have a sense of purpose that pushes them to excel. This is a Hourly plus a generous commission structure. Requirements: * Preferred candidate with Maine State Life & Health license, but will train right candidate * 18 years old or older * High School Diploma or equivalent * Prove sales record. * Self driven * Prepared for sudden changes in business priorities * Organized * Willingness to Grow & Learn * Team player who never says that’s not my job * Must Love a Fun work place
Magic Falls Rafting
Magic Falls is seeking employees with business, marketing, communications or computer technology skills. Applicants should enjoy working with people in a fast paced environment and possess an appreciation of Maine’s outdoor resources. Duties will include but are not limited to:
Making and processing guest reservations for rafting trips, lodging and food service
Maintaining customer databases
Check-in and guest services
Bookkeeping & accounting
Managing Magic Falls website content and SEO
Managing social media content on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
Full time year round employment will be considered for those interested in a career in marketing and operations in the rafting industry.
For further information and job application please send an email signifying your interest in a position along with resume and contact information to: email@example.com Find more online here.
Our whitewater training will be held from May 25 to June 2, 2018. The training will include Safety Techniques, River Etiquette, Daily Procedures, River Rescue and lots and lots of whitewater rafting!!!! In short, everything you will need to pass the Maine Whitewater Rafting Guide Exam for the Kennebec River, except for CPR and Basic First Aid. These can be acquired through the Red Cross and must be completed prior to whitewater training.
To enroll in the guide training session, a $50.00 non refundable deposit is due with your application. To compensate Magic Falls for the remaining cost of guide training, you will be required to provide three, non-paid guided trips. This fee includes staying at Magic Falls Rafting campground, a training manual, and use of all needed equipment (wetsuits, life jacket, and paddle). You will be responsible for your meals. The training classes will be limited to 18, so if you are interested you should let us know right away.
After you have completed the guide training you will be ready to take the State exam for the Kennebec and Dead Rivers and become a Registered Maine Whitewater Guide (level I). Application and testing fee is $103.00. License fee is $90.00 for two years. Additional training is required for the Penobscot River (level II). As a Registered Maine Whitewater Guide you will be able to work for any rafting outfitter. However, we do ask you to train with us if you plan to work for our company. We prefer to hire the guides we train, as our program focuses on the high standards and ethical conduct we require from everyone on our staff. Our guides earn up to $85.00 per day plus tips and dinner.
If you have any questions, or need more information, please call 1-800-207-7238. Find more online here.
HP Fairfield, a division of the Alamo Group, has an opening for a Controller in Skowhegan, Maine facility. HP Fairfield services municipalities and contractors throughout New England by helping them improve the safety and condition of roadways, airfields, and public infrastructure through the sale, manufacture and customer installation of specialized work truck and related equipment.
The successful candidate will oversee the financial activities of HP Fairfield including month end close processes, direct the preparation of reports, maintain systems of internal controls to protect the company’s assets, and manage the work of administrative and accounting staff.
Essential Functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Prepare/direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or other reports required by Alamo Group and regulatory agencies for a multi-branch operation.
- Monitor financial and operations results and investigate abnormal or unexpected results and report findings and make recommendations to management team.
- Develop and maintain internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures in order to protect the assets of the organization and comply with federal and state regulations.
- Reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts to supporting detail.
- Coordinate/direct the financial planning, budgeting, and financial activities of the organization and prepare annual budget presentation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with management and corporate accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.
- Prepare and analyze branch P&L’s showing actual versus planned results.
- Prepare/approve journal entries.
- Review accounting reports, transactions, and inventory processes. Analyze variances and recommend correction measures. Perform analytical tests to ensure adequacy of accrual and reserve account balances.
- Review intercompany transactions and reconcile to supporting details and with other Alamo companies.
- Ensure correct costing of all labor and materials and entering/updating corresponding list prices.
- Analyze, calculate, and update annual labor charges and overhead rates.
- Monitor inventory policies and procedures to ensure accurate accounting control over flow of materials. Coordinates annual physical inventory.
- Monitor accounts receivable and direct credit and collections activities to ensure timely collection of A/R and prevent bad debts.
- Advise leadership on short-term and long-term financial objectives, obligations, policies, and actions.
- Analyze gross margins and pricing for whole goods products.
- Investigate and resolve work order variances and review all payroll transactions.
- Cooperate with external and internal auditors concerning the financial operations of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all tax regulations, including state sales taxes.
- Provide support to other departments in achieving financial objectives. Prepare various financial and operational reports for various departments. Present data at leadership meetings.
A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is required, CPA preferred, and 8-10 years of progressive experience in accounting is required. Please click here to apply.
The Payroll Administrator will report directly to the Payroll Manager and will be responsible for assisting with the payroll process for the company. This individual will need to have strong attention to detail in order to maintain accurate employee payroll records, reviews the computation of pay and ensures the company payroll policies are in accordance with the government regulations.
The job responsibilities are described below:
- Compute wages and deductions, and enters data in HRIS/Payroll system. Verifies all direct deposit accounts and issues pay cards as needed through the Visa Portal.
- Review timesheets, work charts, wage computation and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies prior to payroll processing.
- Verifies paperwork for new employees and terminations. Enters the information into the HRIS/Payroll system.
- Update employee information for changes in pay and/or tax status. Verifies employee federal and state W-4 forms are completely accurately to ensure legal guidelines are adhered to.
- Generates and reconciles the weekly general ledger to payroll before distributing uploaded files to accounting weekly.
- Reviews and audits all accrual profiles to ensure time off benefits are accurate. Verifies employees are assigned to the correct pay rule and adjust/assign employee work schedules.
- Verifies all employee changes to the master file after payroll is processed and files documents according to record retention laws.
- Creates Ad Hoc reports as needed for management within the HRIS/Payroll system.
- Generate and verify Incentive reports for managers in the LaborMetrix software.
- Complete the Statement of Deposit spreadsheet weekly and reconciles all quarterly and annual tax reports timely.
- Attends new hire orientation and follow-up meetings to communicate company pay practices and incentive pay information. Will assist with kiosks and mobile payroll provider application as needed.
- May assist in payroll system upgrades, SOP writing and other miscellaneous tasks.Job Requirements:
Ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma, with 1-2 years of related experience. Associates degree or college course work in related field is desired. Fundamental Payroll Certificate designation is preferred. Working knowledge of payroll process including the understanding of state and federal payroll taxes. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and Excel; experience in ADP and labor tracking systems. Must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of customer concerns, complaints and varied personalities. Possesses sound judgement to determine when to escalate a problem to the manager to ensure timely and accurate customer service and has the demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential information. In addition, candidate must possess a sense of urgency to get things done, have a flexible personal style to work with diverse personalities, professional, yet personable demeanor and the ability to effectively communicate information to employees and management and interface with and satisfy the needs of diverse groups-ranging from corporate to operations people. Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as needed to meet payroll processing deadlines. Please click here to apply.
Bangor Savings Bank
30 hrs Teller – WHAT YOU’LL DO: Be part of a team seeking to provide the world’s best customer experience. Help customers and contribute to the sales growth of the bank by identifying financial needs, processing transactions efficiently, and offering appropriate products or services.
OUR MISSION: Bangor Savings Bank delivers trustworthy financial solutions and advice with a genuine customer focus to help Maine people, businesses and organizations to save, invest, grow and prosper.
Customer Experience: Personalize experiences and be genuinely helpful by demonstrating the “You Matter More” experience and exhibiting our core values:
- Commitment to Maine
Leadership: Participate actively in team meetings to help create a motivational environment and engage in team trainings.
Customer Interactions: Engage with customers in a dynamic environment. Actively listen and engage in conversation to uncover financial needs and delight customers.
- Embrace the Bank’s sales and coaching process and complete action plans to meet individual and team goals
- Maintain current knowledge of features and benefits of all products, services and digital solutions
- Recognize customer needs and refer to business partners accordingly
- Process transactions accurately, efficiently and in compliance with policies, procedures, and performance standards
Operations: Understand the Bank’s operational and risk management policies and procedures through required learning and testing. Ensure that the Bank is in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
· Identify suspicious/fraudulent activity, unusual cash activity and identify theft red flags
· Maintain and understand the importance of customer privacy and confidentiality
General: Conform to standards for punctuality, attendance and professionalism per the Employee Handbook. May travel or relocate to other branches, change schedule and perform other duties as needed.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Customer service, sales experience, and/or cash handling experience helpful
· Adeptly and efficiently navigates technology such as Windows based programs, and Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel). Comfortable using, advising on, and engaging customers in digital and other self-service technology (iPhones, Androids, etc.)
Physical demands/conditions requirements:
- General office environment/general office equipment
- May be required to move bags of coin short distances. Moderate lifting (up to 50 lbs.) required.
- Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis. Please click here to apply.
Moxie Outdoor Adventures
We are always looking for full and part whitewater rafting guides in Maine. No previous whitewater experience is necessary, but outdoor recreation skills are preferred.
Whitewater rafting trips are run on the Kennebec, Dead and Penobscot Rivers in Maine. The Season runs late May – October. A Commercial Whitewater guides licenses is required to guide in Maine.
All guides are required to have current CPR and first aide.We conduct a State of Maine certified Commercial Whitewater Guides School in Maine. This seven day course is a requirement of the State of Maine to take your Maine Whitewater Rafting Guides test.
Completion of the guides school and all other application procedures will provide the necessary requirements for hire. We will then conduct an interview. Applicants must have or obtain current CPR and First Aid and be at least 18 years of age. Please click here to apply.